There are drugs that cause weight gain as a side effect, either by increasing appetite but also without eating more. When these drugs must be taken permanently, they represent an additional hurdle in the fight against pounds. Nevertheless, this is no reason to give up even if success comes slower and the path to the goal seems more laborious.
These drugs can cause weight gain:
- Psychopharmaceuticals (neuroleptics, antidepressants)
- Insulin and anti-diabetics
- Medications containing cortisone
- Beta blockers
- Migraine drugs (pizoferene, flunarizine, cinnarizine)
- Hormones (estrogens, progesterones)